finditherefirst

Thursday, March 23, 2006

What we can do for Peace to happen

Peace is very possible. Can you conceive it? If not, then you are part of the problem. You are actively standing in the path to peace. I do not fault you for this because you know no better. In my experience western everything; government and politics, education and society, our history of war and our seemingly peaceful existence within these borders we call the Americas. Sadly I have been witness to (however things are changing) many personal philosophies of helplessness. "I'm here and the problem is there, what can I do?", "I can barely keep my rent and food on the table, how can I send money to them?" and the most selfish of all "I am but one person, I cannot make a difference". If you or someone you know is somewhat distraught about the current world situation, whatever they perceive it to be, then I will offer some relief here in the form of a simple change of mind (and heart).

The 'road-block' people I speak of are my brothers and sisters. I know they are as capable as I am to simply put my attention on something and leave it in the hands of the universe. There are Billions of people on this earth.

There was a group of students in an auditorium. The Principle walked in. When the students were finally silent, the lights suddenly went off. Sitting in complete darkness, the Principle with authority shouted over the clamor "Everyone please raise your hands". Thinking this a simple technique to calm people in such a situation many students raised their hands. Some students thought, in this darkness no one can know if I'm not doing it too. As seconds passed and eyes became adjusted the principle once again said "Please, everyone raise your hands in the air." Now that most could see each other and their choices, many more were inclined to join in the request. Then the Principle began to point and motion to the remaining skeptics to participate. Just as the last student raised their hand, 'Pop' the lights came back on. The Principle then said "See everyone, many hands make light work."

When one person sits in their own helplessness, refusing to see that they can make a difference with but a simple choice to stand out of the way of change, they tend to feel like everyone is attacking them on their standpoint. This is a time to reflect on one's standpoint, surely if you are 'Against War' then you are powerless to stop it because it is such a widespread issue. If rather, as has been growing in past years, you turn your head and simply be FOR peace or anything for that matter you will find there is much less resistance. This is not the way because it is easier and in most ways it is not easier, this is the way because even if all of the world stopped warring Peace would still have to be an acquired mentality. Instead, the only logical step is to take the biggest step first, literally placing the whole mission or desire on another path that involves no fighting both outwardly and inwardly.

Peace is waiting, we simply need to give it a chance.

By the way, if you purchase music, do it here. Thanks.
http://www.warchildmusic.com

Peace
M@

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home